1. All participants must be 16 years or older on the day of the race for the half marathon & 20 years or older on the day of the race for the marathon. For the 10km the minimum age is 14 years on the day of the race.
2. The half marathon covers a comfortable single lap course. Two laps for the marathon. The 10km covers 6km before joining the Marathon route for the last 4km.
3. Neither postal orders nor post-dated cheques will be accepted.
4. Monies are not refundable for non-participation in the event for whatever reason.
5. Entries may not be exchanged.
6. Results will be printed in a special edition of the Witness & can be viewed at our race website www.pmb42.co.za
7. Prizes / money will only be given for the race you enter.
8. Temporary licences are available for the Marathon, Half & the 10km.
9. Times will be called at the marathon halfway & 2 km's to go marks.
10.The marathon is a Comrades and Two Oceans Marathon qualifier (5 hours).
11.Walkers must wear the correct walker identification “W” tags on the front & rear of their vests, crop tops or T-shirts & these must be clearly visible, if they wish to qualify for the walker category prizes in the 10km or half marathon. Walkers are welcome to take part in the marathon but there will be no walker category prizes in this event.
12.All participants must wear their race number on front & back of the vest, crop top or T-shirt. The Number with the timing chip must be worn on the FRONT. Do NOT remove the foam strip from behind the timing chip and do not bend or fold the chip.
14. ASA compliant age category identification (ie: J for junior, 35, 40, 50 & 60) must be worn on the front & back of your vest, crop top or T-shirt & must be clearly visible in order to qualify for the age category prizes in the event in which you are entered.
15.Refreshment tables will be provided, & no personal seconding, except stand & hand, will be permitted. Second's vehicles will not be permitted to follow the athletes. Wheel chair/hand cycle entrants may be accompanied by a single cyclist (bicycle) to assist with seconding. Wheel chair/hand cycles will only be permitted in the official event on Saturday morning, 25th February 2017. This is a circuit race making a “Quarter Marathon” or Half Marathon.
16.There will be three prize-giving ceremonies on Marathon Sunday. The first, for the half marathon, will take place at 9:15am, & the second, for the marathon, will take place at 10:30am. The prize giving for the 10km event will take place at 11:30am. The last finisher and lucky draw will take place after the final cut off gun at 12 noon.
17.There will be lucky draw prizes for all three events & participants must have completed the event & be present at the prize-giving for the major prizes.
18.You may enter the marathon & cut off at the half marathon, however only half marathon entrants will qualify for the 21.1 km prize money & trophies. Only marathon entrants will be allowed to continue past the turnaround point and/or complete the 42.2 km course.
19.All marathon & half marathon entrants must collect their race number & timing chip from the registration tables at the registration venue between 9am & 8pm on Friday 24th or Saturday 25th February between 9am & 5pm, or before the start on Sunday 26th February between 4am & 5.15am.
20.All 10km entrants who have pre-entered may collect their entries at the same times or between 7am & 8:30am on Sunday, prior to the start of the race. ‘Late entries' for the 10km event will be sold up to and including 5pm on Saturday 25th February, & these late entrants will not receive free Tee Shirts.
21.You may send a stamped self-addressed envelope with your entry for confirmation of our receipt of your entry, or check our website, www.pmb42.co.za.
22.Postal entries received after 1st February will only be accepted if franked before 30th January 2017.
23.No queries will be attended to on race day after 4:45am.
24.Participants who have not completed 21.1km by the 4 hrs 30 min will be called off the road.
25. Marathon participants who have not passed the turn in point by 3 hours (8.30am) will not be allowed to continue but may complete the half marathon until the 4 hours 30 minutes time limit.
26.Marathon participants who have not passed......
a. 27 km mark (Imperial Hotel) by 4 hours & 30 minutes (10am)
b. 30 km mark (Khayelihle Island) by 5 hours (10.30am)
c. 36 km mark (Community Chest Table) by 5 hours & 30 minutes (11am)
d. 38.3km (Hollard Table) by 11.15am will be called off and must leave the road & will be transported to the finish venue.
27. 10km participants who have not passed.......
a. 5 km mark by 1 hour & 15 minutes (10.45am)
b. 6.3 km refreshment station by 1 hour & 45 minutes (11:15am) will be called off and must leave the road & will be transported to the finish venue.
28.All participants who have not completed the race by the 12 noon cut off will be called off and must leave the road. They will be transported to the finish
29. ASA Licensed athletes are covered by limited ASA insurance. Refer to KZNA on 031 312 9374 for further details.
30. All foreign athletes must comply with the IAAF rule 4, paragraph 2 & rule 142.
31. All marshals, security officers, race officials, SA Police & SANDF members & traffic officials MUST be obeyed. Your safety is paramount to us.
32. There will be a staggered entry fee structure.
a. Early bird entries closed at midnight on 31st December 2016 and will be entitled to a free Tee shirt each, to be collected at registration.
b. Normal entries close at the relevant advertised closing dates and will cost a little more for the half marathon and marathon but will be entitled to a free Tee shirt to be collected at registration.
c. 10km entries taken after the 1st February and up to 5pm on Saturday 25th February, will not be guaranteed nor entitled to a free tee shirt at registration.
d. Between the closing of entries (either the 5000 limit or the closing date) and 5pm on Saturday 25th February, 300 CHARITY entries will be made available, for the Marathon and Half Marathon, at a cost of R300 each, for the 21,1km and R500 each, for the42.2km. Proceeds of each charity entry will be divided equally and donated to the three official charities.
33. Each entrant in the road 42,2km, 21,1km and 10km races is reminded that they MUST wear BOTH their ASA licence numbers (front and back) and the two race numbers issued MUST BE WORN OVER the bottom part of the ASA number, leaving the provincial and sponsor’s (Lotto) logos exposed.
34. If a paper temporary licence is bought and issued, it must be worn on the front of the vest and the race number pinned on to leave the logos exposed, as in 33. above. The second race number is pinned on the back of the vest.