1. All participants must be 10 years or older on the day of the race for the 5km & 16 years or older on the day of the race for the 15km Trail.
2. The 5km covers a single lap downstream through the grounds of Ascot Bush Lodge. The 15km continues up stream after the return and crosses the river at three times (on bridges) before turning at the West Street Bridge and returning river right to finish where it started, at Gold Circle Scottsville Racecourse.
3. Neither postal orders nor post-dated cheques will be accepted.
4. Monies are not refundable for non-participation in the event for whatever reason.
5. Entries may not be exchanged.
6. Trail entries will be limited to a maximum of 300 in each of the two distances.
7. Results will be printed in a special edition of the Witness & can be viewed at our race website www.pmb42.co.za
8. Prizes / money will only be given for the race you enter.
9. All participants must wear their race number on front & back of the vest, crop top or T-shirt. The number with the timing chip must be worn on the front. Do NOT remove the foam strip from behind the timing chip and do not bend or fold the chip.
10.Our environment is precious and anyone found littering will be disqualified.
11.These events are run under the rules of KZN Trail Running
12.Refreshment tables will be provided, & no personal seconding, except stand & hand, will be permitted. No seconds or bicycles will be allowed on the route
13.The prize giving for the Trail event will take place after the cut off time on Saturday 25th February 2017.
14.There will be lucky draw prizes. These prizes will be awarded by means of a numbered sticker on individual random medals.
15.You may enter the 15km & cut off at the 5km, however only 5km entrants will qualify for the 5km km prize money & trophies. Only 15km entrants will be allowed to continue past the turnaround and/or complete the 15km km course.
16.All 5km & 15km Trail entrants must collect their race number & timing chip from the registration tables at the Registration Venue between 9am & 8pm on Friday 24th or Saturday 26th February, before the start between 6am & 6.45am
17.You may send a stamped self-addressed envelope with your entry for confirmation of our receipt of your entry, or check our website, www.pmb42.co.za.
18.Postal entries received after 1st February will only be accepted if franked before 30th January.
19.No queries will be attended to on race day after 6:30am.
20.Participants who have not completed 5km by the 10am will be called off and must leave the course and will not receive a finisher’s medal.
21.15km participants who have not passed the 5km turn split by 8.30am will not be allowed to continue but will be allowed to complete the 5km until 10am.
22.All participants who have not completed the Trail by the 10 am cut off will be called off and must leave the route.
23.All marshals, security officers, race officials, SA Police & SANDF members & traffic officials MUST be obeyed. Your safety is paramount to us.
24.There will be a staggered entry fee structure.
25.Early bird entries close at midnight on 31st December 2016 and will be entitled to a free race Tee shirt each, to be collected at registration.
26.Normal entries close at 5pm on Wednesday 1st February and will cost a little more.
27.Trail entries taken after the 1st February and up to 8pm on Friday 24th February, will not be entitled to a free tee shirt at registration